The mission of Barbers Point Elementary School is to instill a love for learning by preparing each child academically, physically, emotionally and socially to be a successful life long learner. (August 2013)
We will prepare our students with 21st Century skills to be college and career ready in order to become community contributors. (August 2013)
We believe that:
- All can learn.
- All children are unique with their own talents, strengths and needs.
- All children are active participant and shares a responsibility for their learning.
- A broad curriculum presented through a variety of teaching strategies and materials will promote active teaching and learning.
- Active parental support enhances and encourages learning.
- A caring attitude will foster self-discipline, build self-esteem and promote education in the best possible environment.
We want our school to be know for...
- Providing challenging and rigorous curriculum.
- Having high expectations.
- Ensuring a safe and caring learning environment.
- Being a safe place where staff and student families are supportive of this school.